2008 Spring Break - BUSAN

Just some pics of you and me~! ♥

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Foreshadowing

In the very beginnig of the play, Mr. Frank gave us many examples of foreshadowing. He was very gloomy and sad when he got into their old hiding place again. He just walked straight up the stairs into the annex even when there was Miep and Mr. Kraler. I don't think he even bothered to say hello or look at them. Mr. Frank just kept walking up and into the annex to find scraps of memories that were scattered on the floor. A couple of them that I remember was a glove and a scarf. I know now that the scarf was a present from Anne to Mr. Frank on the Hanukkah. Anne gave out presents to each person that was living with them even though she didn't have much to give. She took what she had and made it into something special. When Mr. Frank found the scarf and the glove, he started to cry. It probably was a very sad time for him because he lost everyone that he truly loved. He lost his whole family and he lost the Van Daan's and Mr. Dussel. When he went into thier old hiding place, probably loads of memories came flowing back to him and he couldn't help but to cry about all their hardships and all his own that they had to go through. But now that the war was over, his loved ones weren't there anymore to celebrate or rejoice with. He had no one to share the happiness with. He probably thought, "If only, we were all able to survive until this day, everything would be okay and everyone would be safe altogether again." I would have sobbed for hours. Anyways this part of the play gave us hints of what was going to become of everyone else after the war.

1 comment:

JamieK said...

christina!GOOOOD JOB:)
long long long but I still read it all~~ its really good..
I did this post too and your is so good that when you compare it to mine,,mine looks..small?lol
I agree with what you said.
I dont know how I would feel when I find out that Im the only one who survived out of all my friends and family that I have been in hiding with for 2 years. Even though I sometimes have fights with my FAMILY and friends,,,I dont know how I can live with out them<3 haha
Again,GReAT PosT !!!!